Sunday 3 July 2011

Vintage finds

My friend Elisabetta and I took a trip to the markets at London Fields yesterday. We stopped by the Designers Makers market to check it out and to see if my screen printed stuff would fit in there. 
Was quite quiet but had some lovely pieces there so I think I'm going to give it a go in a few weeks if they will have me.
Anyways, Elisabetta having a good eye for all things vintage spotted these cute shoes on a stall and to my surprise they are my size (I am a UK size 2 and can NEVER find high heeled shoes to fit - hence the wearing of converse, Vans or brogues all day, everyday!). I needed a pair of black suede shoes with a hint of red on for a wedding in September in which I am a bridesmaid, so couldn't believe my luck when I saw these. Our dresses are black 50's style halterneck circle dresses so I think they will be sweet.
Perfect fit and only £15. Ace.



Then I may have spotted some cases from the 50's and 60's and before you know it I own two of them... Red one I will use for carry on luggage or for mini trips back up north - tan one I will use for display. Very cool and so much cheaper than Spittalfields or Portabello markets. Elisabetta didn't go home empty handed either - she bought a very pretty handbag and a Colombian wooden cigar box. 
Very happy shopping trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment